California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
In these California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures ("CCPA Disclosures"), we disclose information about our data processing practices as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and supplement the disclosures in any CCPA Notice at Collection issued in addition to the CCPA Notice at Collection Online provided in Section III below. These CCPA Disclosures are effective January 1, 2020 and apply solely to visitors, users and others who reside in the State of California.
- Who and what information is subject to these CCPA Disclosures?
California residents are protected as “consumers” by the CCPA with respect to personal information. A statutory exception apply under the CCPA and to these CCPA Disclosures, including the following:
Personal information reflecting a written or verbal communication or a transaction between the business and the consumer, where the consumer is a natural person and whose communications or transaction with the business occur solely within the context of the business conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service.
- How can a consumer with a disability access these CCPA Disclosures?
Consumers who have a visual disability may be able to use a screen reader or other text-to-speech or text-to-Braille tool to review the contents of this notice.
III. CCPA Notice at Collection Online
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
We will ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity, such as a code sent to an email address we may have on file for you. If you have a password-protected account with us, we may verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
- Collection of Personal Information
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). In particular, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), such as name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age, citizenship, and sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions).
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information, as defined in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.40(b).
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and trends.
Personal information does not include: publicly available information lawfully made available from government records, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or information excluded from the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information collected for one or more of the following business or commercial purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to create your personal account at libertyblack.com or to process your orders.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including answering your queries and to notify winners in promotions.
- To provide you with phone calls, text message notifications, email alerts, and other notices concerning our products or services. For example, to notify you of delivery status, to be able to send you relevant marketing offers and information such as newsletters and our catalogues, to contact you in the event of a problem with delivery of your items, and to inform you of new or changed services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection and managing your account by carrying our credit checks.
- To be able to analyze your personal data to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information.
- To be able to validate that you are of legal age for shopping online.
- To improve our website.
- Testing, research, analysis, and product and service development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, our customers, or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or government regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not, and will not, sell your personal information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You have a right to request the deletion of personal information that we collect or maintain about you. To submit a request to delete personal information, please submit an email request to email@example.com include “California Request to Delete” in the subject line, or call us at 855-262-3108. Please specify in your request the personal information about you that you would like to have deleted, which can be all of your personal information as required by the CCPA.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You or your authorized agent may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
Your verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, or an authorized representative;
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will confirm receipt of a request within 10 days and provide information about how we will process the request. We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosure we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by a business. We do not, and will not, sell your personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA in violation of Cal. Civ. Code §1798.125.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described in Sections 2 and 3 above:
- Mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.
Contact for More Information
Liberty Boot Co. Inc
9901 IH 10 west Ste 777
San Antonio, Texas 78230
Last Updated: January 10, 2020